Although the subdivision tools were included as part of the previous generation "Subdivide and Smooth" plugin, they have all been greatly improved in "Artisan 4 Sketchup".
Features Artisan 4 sketchup Include:
- Robust subdivision algorithm that can handle very complex geometry.
- Subdivide and smooth selected faces, groups, or components.
- Crease edges or vertices to create hard edges.
- Knife subdivide tool for creating loops.
- Extrude tool to create loops without interior faces.
- Low-poly ‘Proxy Mode’ that automatically updates the subsurface geometry as you edit.
New Subdivision Features in Artisan 4 SketchUp:
- Perform subdivision or smoothing on any selection of faces.
- Auto-subdivision of selection boundary faces that results in cleaner meshes after subdividing.
- Quickly preview subsurface geometry prior to committing.
- Proper interpolation of UVs for subdivided geometry.
- Faster subdivision and better topology
- Sculpt Brush (sculpt, pinch, flatten, inflate, smooth).
- Select Brush (select faces by performing strokes).
- Paint Brush (paint SketchUp materials on faces using virtual brushstrokes).
- Symmetrical sculpting mode using with user-defined work plane.
- Lock vertices to user-defined work plane.
Vertex Transformation Tools:
- Soft Selection.
- Soft Move -Soft Rotate.
- Make Planar (XY, XZ, YZ, or best fit)
Mesh Optimization (Polygon Reduction):
- Much faster and more robust than the free Polyreducer plugin
Download Artisan 4 SketchUp Windows installer
Download Artisan 4 SketchUp Mac installer
Download Artisan 4 Sketchup User Guide
The current version of Artisan is 1.2.0. You may evaluate Artisan freely for 15 days after which a registration key must be purchased to continue use.
Go to Artisan 4 Sketchup website